Workers Comp Lawyers in Olive Branch, MS
Olive Branch, Mississippi is a community of professional-class families. Members of our community work mainly in manufacturing, thanks to Universal Lubricants and Ferguson Industrial Co; but also in retail; transportation; and health care, thanks to Methodist Medical Group.
Workplace accidents happen almost on a daily basis in Mississippi. Each year thousands of workers are injured on the job in Mississippi and several are even killed. Reports show that the state’s workplace injury and fatality rate is among the highest in the country.
If you have suffered a work-related injury or have developed a medical condition due to the nature of your work, you have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Even though workers’ compensation claims are not fault or negligence based, you still need to have an experienced lawyer on your side in order to get the benefits you deserve as quickly as possible.
At Work Injury Law, we have over 30 years of experience in handling workers’ compensation claims and have helped thousands of injured workers get the benefits they deserve. We can help you file a claim, take steps to expedite the claims process, protect your rights as a worker, and make sure you are paid the maximum amount of benefits you are entitled to under the law.
Common Workplace Accidents in Olive Branch, MS
- Falls from height
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- Accidents caused by defective or malfunctioning equipment
- Getting struck by falling or moving objects
- Getting caught between objects
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Accidents caused by improper storage and handling of chemicals and other hazardous substances
Common Injuries That Can Result from an Olive Branch, MS Workplace Accident
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
- Eye injuries resulting in temporary or permanent loss of vision
- Crush injuries
- Traumatic amputation resulting in the loss of limbs
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
Apart from this, you might also suffer injuries or develop health problems due to the nature of the work you do.
For instance, if your job requires you to perform a specific task repeatedly, you might suffer what is called a repetitive motion injury. It can take several months or even years for these injuries to develop and they can severely restrict your mobility.
Similarly, if you are regularly exposed to high levels of noise, the nerve endings in your inner ear could be severely damaged, which in turn can lead to permanent hearing loss.
No matter what kind of injuries you suffer or what kind of medical problem you have, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits – as long as the injury or condition in question was caused by a workplace accident or due to the nature of your work.
Benefits Available under Mississippi’s Workers’ Compensation Program
The compensation offered under the workers’ compensation program is meant to cover the following medical expenses.
- Injury-related medical expenses
- Hospitalization charges
- Physician’s charges
- Nursing services
- Pain management
- Cost of assistive or mobility devices
- Rehabilitation (physical therapy and occupational therapy)
Wage Loss Benefits
If you are forced to take time off work due to your injury or medical problem, you are entitled to receive wage loss benefits equivalent to 2/3rd of your average weekly wages. Under Mississippi law, you are entitled to receive wage loss benefits for a period of up to 450 weeks – depending on the nature of your injury and the severity of your disability.
Medical benefits are paid directly to the physician or healthcare provider who treats you. Wage loss benefits, on the other hand, can be paid to you or your legal representative.
Possible Reasons Why Your Workers’ Compensation Claim Might Be Denied in Olive Branch, MS
There are several reasons why the workers’ compensation insurance company in Olive Branch, MS might deny your claim. These include:
- There are discrepancies between the report you filed after the accident and your medical records
- Your injury is not work-related
- Your injury did not happen at work
- Your injury was caused by a preexisting condition
- You failed to inform your employer or file a claim within the deadline
- You were treated by an out-of-network doctor
- You were drunk or under the influence of drugs at the time of the accident
- You got injured as a result of a prank or horseplay
How a Skilled Olive Branch, MS Workers’ Compensation Lawyer Can Help You?
A seasoned workers’ compensation lawyer can help you in several ways. These include:
- Determining what kind of benefits you are entitled to and helping you file the claim within the deadline
- Guiding you through the claims process and helping you navigate the system
- Providing you with the right legal advice at every step of the claims process
- Dealing with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating a lump-sum settlement with the insurance company on your behalf if needed
- Making sure you receive the maximum possible benefits you are entitled to under the law
- Making sure your wage loss benefits are not terminated too soon by the insurance company
Most importantly, if your claim is unfairly denied by the insurance company without any legally valid reason, your workers’ compensation lawyer can file an appeal, prove that your injury happened at work or was caused by the nature of your work, get the insurance company’s decision reversed, and help you get the benefits you deserve.
Injured at Work? Trusted and Competent Olive Branch, MS Workers’ Compensation Lawyers can Protect Your Rights
A work injury can turn your whole life upside down in a matter of minutes. Aside from the physical pain, the possibility that you might not be able to work for an extended period of time can make you feel concerned about your future.
At Work Injury Law, we believe that workers should be able to receive the benefits they are entitled to without having to wait for too long or having to jump through hoops. We have been at the forefront of fighting for the rights of injured Mississippi workers for 30 years.
We can represent you, deal with the insurance company on your behalf, and take steps to make sure you get the benefits you deserve in a timely manner. Simply put – we will deal with the hassles associated with your claim while you focus on what is most important to you – your health.
To find out how we can help you with your claim, call us today at 662-371-6309 or fill out our online contact form and schedule a free consultation with a seasoned Olive Branch, MS workers’ compensation lawyer.